Steel Buildings form the backbone of our cities. From the skyscrapers to the housing complexes, steel buildings are the evidence of durability and strength in construction. Pioneer Steel buildings in Canada boast of a clear span, trussless construction that maximizes the space in the building due to the absence of posts and beams that take up necessary space. Here, we discuss the advantages of such robust steel structures and a few of the prominent steel building companies in Canada.
Advantages offered by pioneer steel buildings:
- Pioneer steel structures are durable. They provide an encompassing protection against the natural elements in rain, snow, wind, and hail and solid resistance to seismic movement.
- They provide a variety in construction, immense durability, and an optimized design that effectively utilizes all available space. Clear span trussless construction eliminates space-robbing trusses and posts and can easily accept conventional insulation, air conditioning ducts, drywall, and false ceilings and partitions.
- 75% of pioneer steel customers construct the steel buildings themselves without the need for specialized equipment— the panels are easy to work with, easy-to-use assembly manual, and a factory-direct toll-free assistance line ensuring expert help whenever needed.
- These buildings offer longer life, thus lowering overhead costs and can outlast most structures.
- Maintenance-free usage—associated with rot and warping and the fine spangle and soft metallic sheen—ensures an average 40-year factory warranty.
The types of buildings include:
- Econospan: These find usage in a range of applications, primarily in on-site offices, garages, mechanic shop applications, and free-standing garages. A straight roof and clear-sided design ensures an artistic construction coupled with a spacious, flexible, and accommodating design.
- Alpine: Tough, durable, resistant against the elements and unique in its model. Primarily used in commercial offices, workshops, and warehousing. Its cathedral-style roof peaked with a 4:12 pitch presents a unique construction concept.
- Arch: Pioneer Arch-style steel buildings offer single- or double-lap construction, making them suitable for industrial, commercial, and military use. These buildings present a single-radius, clear span, trussless construction, along with steep sidewall clearances that enable them to be versatile, durable, and cost-efficient.
- Pioneer S-Series Buildings: These are specialized for medium-to-large industrial, agricultural, and military buildings and are also popular with equipment storage, retail outlets, garages, commercial offices, and workshops. They feature a straight-sided, clear span, multiple radius arch design. With an optimum range of 20 feet to 60 feet, these have the lowest roof lines and highest sidewall clearances.
- Mini steel Buildings: Constructed with a reduced width and depth than a regular-sized panel, these are easier to handle than the panels available on the present market. They are ideally suitable to provide a tamper-proof, secure cover that makes it highly applicable for use in repair and autoshops.
These steel buildings provide a wide range of usage and are extremely popular due to their cost-effectiveness, smart and innovative design, and durability, making them the prime choice for business’s like Ironspan Canada, and are one of Canada’s most widely used steel buildings.